Copperband Technologies is a fast-growing managed IT services provider based in Clarksville and Nashville. With our focus on friendly culture and reliability, we have built a rock-solid reputation with clients in multiple industries, including education, government, healthcare, and finance. We are currently looking to expand our ranks by hiring new technicians for our Clarksville and Nashville locations.
Because of the varied nature of our clients, you will be exposed to more than one technology environment, although most of our clients use Windows. Many of them have no in-house IT support, which means we’re looking for techs who can walk into a new situation, befriend the locals, and solve their problems in an efficient and professional way. You may need to interact with a frustrated user or even explain a complex technological problem to the business owner. Your personality will be an important part of your tool kit.
Seasoned veterans are welcome, of course, but a managed services company is also a fantastic place to jump start a new IT career. You will be exposed to more environments, more hardware and software configurations, and more technical issues than you would ever encounter in a single company’s internal IT department. That means you can rack up more experience at a faster pace. Best of all, you’ll be working alongside experts who have dealt with every technology configuration imaginable in a broad range of industries and environments.
Full Job Description
A Copperband IT Technician receives supervision and general guidance from team leads and management. Your role is to investigate and resolve issues, as well as providing prompt technical support in the areas of software, hardware, telephones, data and operating systems. You are an extension of our company, our public face, and your job is to meet the technology needs of our clients in a way that builds their loyalty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive help desk tickets and provide technical support to end users
- Provide technical support for desktop computers and other peripheral equipment, including installing, configuring, maintaining, and repairing equipment in a networked environment
- Determine the feasibility of repair or replacement of equipment, and act on issues as necessary
- Maintain Mobile Device Management endpoints and software
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and remote connection systems
- Perform intermediate to advanced management of Active Directory, including users, groups, computers and organizational units
- Assist with setup of office workstations which include personal computers and printers, as well as with deployments in large-scale computer environments which may require unboxing, cabling, and initializing new technology equipment
- Assist IT teams with development, maintenance, testing, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plans
- Assist with inventory management, including forecasting what additional equipment the clients may need
- Coordinate with clients to maintain and service network hardware and configuration, software, audio/video, facilities and building issues, and telecommunications
- Maintain client files and documentation for client technical systems
- Participate in the execution of rollouts/deployments, migrations, and upgrades
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associate degree or relevant work experience in lieu of education
- Two (2) years of related experience; may substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Strong knowledge of personal computers, specifically Microsoft products, and TCP/IP network functionality
- Formal education in Information Technology or related field
- Experience in Education, Government, and Managed Services are highly desirable
- Physical ability to lift forty (40) pounds and/or move boxes and equipment as needed
- Occasionally required to transfer equipment from one location to another
- Regular kneeling, crouching, climbing, walking, sitting, twisting, and reaching to perform essential functions with in-place equipment
- Typical hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- May be required to work more than forty hours during the workweek or on weekends when special projects or deadlines need to be met
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary based on experience
- Medical and dental options available
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Sick time